Viles Arboretum is a free, easily accessible, botanical garden that is open from dawn to dusk, seven days a week. The space includes six miles of trails, dozens of plant collections, and a sculpture exhibit (all marked and signed), on 224 acres.
Viles Arboretum's preserved land, interpretive materials, exhibits, programs & events, and our trail system are designed for people of all ages to provide opportunities for education, recreation, and inspiration. The Arboretum is a private non-profit corporation supported by membership fees, donations and gifts.
- Our trails and grounds are open sunrise to sunset, year-round. Admission is free, however if you are able please consider making a charitable gift and become a member.
- Our Visitor Center offers restrooms, indoor exhibits, a friendly-staff, and a gift shop featuring snacks, cold water, books, posters, bird feeders, and other locally-sourced items. Our Visitor Center is open Wednesdays - Saturdays, from 10:30am - 4:30pm.
- On-leash dogs are permitted on the property, though we ask that you make an effort to pack-out all waste.
- Smoking, fires, or combustibles of any kind are not permitted on the property.
- Biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, is encouraged! Rentals available in our Visitor Center.
- We encourage all visitors to practice a "leave no trace" ethos. Please pack-out all waste.
Our Visitor Center & Gift Shop
Take a break from the trails!
Stop into our Visitor Center to learn more about the history of Viles Arboretum, explore educational exhibits, grab a snack, and use the restroom!
Ski & Snowshoe Rentals
Vile Arboretum has a selection of Cross Country Skis and Snowshoes available to rent during our visitor center hours. Rentals are on a first come, first served basis.
Children 17 and under: FREE
Adults: $15 for 3 hours
Find the perfect keepsake or gift!
The gift shop at Viles Arboretum, located inside the visitor center, features beverages, snacks, nature guides, local artisan gifts, plants, books, posters, jewelry, greeting cards, and more!